SILC LASIK CENTER
SILC LASIK CENTER provides service and treatment of an economical and flexible LASIK eye surgery with a good quality and puts forward the customers or patients’ satisfaction.
The tagline of SILC LASIK CENTER is “Everyone can see clearly without eyeglasses” which means along with SILC LASIK CENTER, everybody has an ample opportunity to undergo a LASIK eye surgery and to see clearly without having to use any aids such as contact lenses or eyeglasses. This is associated with facilitations given by us concerning the payment procedures which are easier and less complicated.
WHY SILC LASIK CENTER IS CHOSEN
- Affordable price or fee
- Sophisticated technology
- Experienced doctors
- Lasik procedures without using knives
- Economical pre-examination package
- Strategic location
- Professional and friendly services
WHAT IS LASIK
LASIK which stands for Laser Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis is one of refractive surgery technologies to correct refractive errors, such as myopia (nearsightedness), astigmatism (cylindrical error), hypermetropia (farsightedness) and presbyopia (loss or near vision with age) for patients above 40 years old.
The surgery can be performed for both eyes at the same time, and usually the right eye will be treated prior to the left eye. It needs approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete the whole process for each eye and the patient is still conscious while the surgery is being carried out.
The criteria for LASIK surgery:
- Myopia _______-1.00 to -12.00 D
- Hypermetropia _ +1.00 to +4.00 D
- Astigmatism ___ -1.00 to -5.00 D
- Above 18 years old
- Not pregnant or lactating
- No abnormality and health disorders concerning eye health condition
- Stability of refraction at least in the latest 6 months to 1 year
SERVICES PROVIDED AT SILC LASIK CENTER
The eye surgery proceduce is carried out by combining the latest technologies of two procedural steps; the first step is flap forming (corneal flap) without blade using FEMTO LDV machine from Switzerland and the second step is the reshaping of the cornea by removing tissue from its middle layer using SCHWIND AMARIS Excimer Laser machine with Smart-Pulse Technology (SPT) from Germany. As a result, the surface of cornea becomes very smooth and brings about the WOW EFFECT; the patient can see clearly right after the surgery.
The LASIK procedure involves two steps; the creation of the corneal flap by a precision flap making instrument, and the reshaping of the cornea with an excimer laser. Essentially, the excimer laser is used to reshape the cornea by removing tissue from its middle layer.
THE PROCEDURAL STEPS OF Z-LASIK
- Use anaesthetic eye drops to numb the eyes
- Form the flap using femtosecond laser, then flap is opened
- Then, reshape the cornea using excimer laser
- Clean the surrounding area of cornea that affected by laser
- Reposition the flap of cornea that was opened to its place.
- The surgery is done.
THE ADVANTAGES OF Z-LASIK (FEMTOSECOND LASER LDV)
- The lasik procedure is carried out by forming a thin layer (flap) on cornea using femtosecond laser with extremely high speed, 1000 Khz.
- The laser energy is so small that the risk of heat reaction and bubbles forming on corneal tissue will be minimum
- The high precesion level with a perfect cornea tissue repostition will make the recovery process faster and improve vision dramatically.
- Z-Lasik has received recognition/certification from FDA, and also has been recommended to be used for US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, Marine Corps and NASA
A surgery without making flap of cornea using Amaris Laser to release Corneal Epithelium. So, a device to scrape off the epithelial layers is not needed because Laser is involved in all procedures. Shorter time is needed, and the precision is still high. It is often called Trans PRK with Smart Pulse Technology (SPT). By using this technique, the surface of cornea becomes very smooth so that it gives the WOW EFFECT; the patient’s vision becomes clearer immediately after the surgery.
THE PROCEDURAL STEPS OF SMARTSURFACE
- Regular cornea before TransPRK
- Ablation of refractive component
- Ablation of epithelial component
- Stromal bed after TransPRK
- Regenerated cornea after TransPRK
X-Tra Lasix is the combination of LASIK and Corneal Collage Cross-Linking (CXL). It is usefull to strengthen the weak cornea.
PresbyMAX-Hybrid is a classic surgery service specifically for presbyopia patients with or without refraction disorders. Presbyopia is a normal condition in which the lens of the eye has lost its elasticity due to the aging process so that the ability to focus clearly on close objects becomes progressively worse. This condition is started when the patient is 40 years old. Patients with hypermetropia will lose the ability to see close objects faster. The SCHWIND PresbyMAX-Hybrid is the new generation of Presby-Max that offers a fast recovery process, especially for farsightedness.
OUR CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE SOCIETY
- For those who have a refraction disorder on one eye with a high refractive index, or the difference of refractive index between the right eye and the left eye is more than 3.00 D resulted in constant inconveniences, it is better to undergo a Lasik surgery.
- For those who wear eyeglasses, but feel unattractive when using them or because of work demands, such as being an artist, a sportman, a police,or a military officer, it is better to undergo a Lasik surgery.
- For those who are wearing contact lenses and often skip wearing them because it seems there is a foreign matter in the eyes and itfeels dry, it is better to think of undergoing Lasik surgery.
- For those with a high corneal astigmatism or myopia with high corneal astigmatism wearing a minus glasses, having constant headeaches and feeling uncomfortable, it is better to undergo a Lasik surgery.